Chula Vista Notary & Tax Services

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney or licensed to practice law in the state of California. I cannot give any advice regarding, prepare, draft or selecting any legal documents.


  • ​Keep Your Original Documents

  • Facilitate the Process

  • Receive Your ITIN Faster

There are 13 acceptable documents. Each document must be current and contain an expiration date.

*IRS will accept documents issued within 12 months of the application if no expiration date is normally available.  Documents must also show your name and photograph, and support your claim of foreign status.
Passport* (stand-alone document)
National identification card (must show photo, name, current address, date of birth, and expiration date)
U.S. driver's license
Civil birth certificate (required for dependents under 18 years of age)
Foreign driver's license
U.S. state identification card
Foreign voter's registration card
U.S. military identification card
Foreign military identification card
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photo identification
Medical records (dependents only - under 6)
School records (dependents only - under 14, under 18 if a student)

*A passport is the only document that proves both identity and foreign status.  For dependents, the passport must have a date of entry to be a stand-alone document, unless the dependent is from Canada, Mexico, or Military Overseas. If a passport is submitted, a combination of two or more documents must be submitted to meet the document requirements.

Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA)
A Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) is authorized by agreement with the IRS to review identity documents and assist taxpayers with Form W-7, Application for ITIN. 


Call / Text (619) 213-0757